Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
A/P ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT - AUSTIN, TX
Statoil is an international energy company with operations in 37 countries. Building on 40 years of experience from oil
and gas production on the Norwegian continental shelf, we are committed to accommodating the world's energy needs
in a responsible manner, applying technology and creating innovative business solutions. We are headquartered in
Norway with 21,000 employees worldwide, and are listed on the New York and Oslo stock exchanges.
In just a few years Statoil has positioned itself as one of the largest lease holders in deepwater Gulf of Mexico (GoM).
Our GoM portfolio is managed out of our Houston office. The Statoil Houston office, which was established in 2002,
also manages our Alaska, Marcellus, and Eagle Ford shale gas portfolios. The Bakken shale portfolio is managed by the
Austin and Williston offices.
To date Statoil has invested more than USD $11 billion in US upstream activities, and currently produces more than
70,000 barrels of oil equivalent a day. Our Houston office currently staffs more than 500 people. We have US offices
located in Anchorage, Austin, Houston, Stamford, Williston and Washington D.C. USA, and are looking for talented
people to contribute to our growing activity base.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Under the supervision of the A/P Team Lead Leader, process invoices; monitor processing status; and follow-up with
approvers as necessary to ensure timely payment.
• Responsible for invoice processing, including, but not limited to matching support documents with invoices,
coding invoices, circulating invoices to approvers, and inputting invoices into the accounting system;
• Interacting with operations and other accounting personnel to ensure proper coding for cost reporting and
• Preparation of journal vouchers, as required; and
• Transfer of electronic invoices from the electronic invoice repository to the accounts payable system;
• Minimum 3- 5 years of accounts payable experience.
• Oil and natural gas company experience preferred.
• High school diploma.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively with others in Finance and Control as well as
other departments to obtain information needed to perform accounts payable functions;
• Standards, business ethics, and leadership in line with Statoil’s values;
• Solid written and oral communication skills;
• Good time management skills and the ability to work in an environment with high volume and tight deadlines.
Statoil offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package
Statoil is an equal opportunity employer
Relocation will not be considered
Multicultural interest and adaptability with regard to unfamiliar societies and cultures
Our values are to be courageous, open, hands-on and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for
building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process
Please submit your resume and salary requirements via our careers page at www.bexp3d.com/careers
Statoil DPNA BBU
6300 Bridge Point Parkway
Bldg. 2, Suite 500
Austin, TX 78730
It is the policy of Statoil Gulf Services LLC to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of
race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, or genetic information and to
prohibit discrimination and harassment based on any of these factors. Statoil Gulf Services LLC also observes the fair
employment laws in each respective jurisdiction in which we operate. We are strongly bound to this policy.