Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
At Oceanus, we build enterprise software solutions backed by data intelligence and customer-inspired product strategy. With the agility of a start-up and the expertise of an industry veteran, Oceanus is successfully breaking down some of the most difficult challenges facing the automotive, technology and energy industries. Our rapidly growing team of passionate problem solvers embraces the idea of "Think big, do bigger."
Our culture is at the core of everything we do. We have fun, but we work hard. So, as we grow we're not only looking to hire the best and brightest, but we're also looking for people that share our values. We make decisions on three simple principles:
* Excellence:We aim to over-deliver and delight. We want our customers, employees and partners to love us. We set our internal bar high so that we can bring enthusiasm, speed, and innovation to the enterprise.
* Progress:We believe that growth is an exciting and motivating challenge that retains great people. So, we empower our employees to take ownership, act and iterate to make everything we do better.
* Fun:Life is too short to hate your job. We have the luxury of picking what we work on, and we choose what motivates us. Work will sometimes be work, but we try to minimize the suck. We have a relaxed, collaborative environment. We celebrate our successes, and sometimes, we just celebrate.
We have the start-up mentality, without the start-up financial headaches. We are profitable, compensate well, and have great benefits – including beer on tap. If you're a go-getter who values these things too, we want to hear from you.
Our designers are creative minds with a passion for making great things. The designer works within a cross-functional team of project managers, product managers, data scientists, UI/UX designers, and software developers under the direct guidance of an art director.The designer's primary role will include the creative design and layouts for web and mobile interfaces.Experience in designing for online and interactive environments is a must. Additional responsibilities may include design work as it relates to presentations, pitches, or companybrand collateral.
Candidates must have a strong understanding of typography, color theory, iconography, and aesthetics as it relates to online environments. Our designers create complete layouts for production using the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Fireworks, Illustration, and InDesign, etc.).
* 1-3 years of experience as a member of a design agency or in-house team creating beautiful, brand-aligned, image-driven artwork and design.
* Strong visual design and typographic skills.
* Solid understanding of creating design assets for web. Print experience is a plus.
* A passion for visual storytelling.
* Advanced command of standard design tools in the Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
* Demonstrated ability to generate multiple explorations and incorporate feedback/direction from art directors and other team members to arrive at the final design.
* Experience working directly with technical teams.
* A thirst for learning and understanding of current design best practices, trends, and techniques including social media and mobile applications.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
* Ability to work fast and stay organized.
* Self-motivation, maniacal attention to detail, and desire to produce the highest quality work.
* An online portfolio is required to be considered for this position
* Convenient & Modern-retro downtown offices
* Catered team lunches, stocked kitchens, coffee-snob compliant coffee machines
* Great beer on tap, scotch collection, full bar, and regular happy hours
* Small team + Austin startup vibe + large customers = huge impact
* Choose your dream laptop / software / monitor / etc.
* No dress code, office hours, or vacation policy – only results matter
* Competitive benefits package