Apple Line Cook in Austin, Texas
Job Number: 86417112
Austin, Texas, United States
Posted: Jul. 17, 2017
Weekly Hours: 40.00
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
Display a passion for food and cooking
2+ years of cooking experience
Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively to staff, peers, supervisors, and guests
Ability to read and write to facilitate the communication process
Ability to lift pots, pans, etc; up to 50 pounds in weight
• Prepare daily entrees/items with a team of 1-3 cooks, featuring menus approved by the Sous Chefs and Executive Chef.
• Produce delicious, eye-appealing and nutritious food with assistance of station staff.
• Maintain and ensure utmost safety, sanitation, presentable cleanliness for your station, work area, and equipment used for preparation; including walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
• Assist in set-up and break–down of station.
• Adhere to the Caffe Macs General 'Job Duties and Kitchen Rules' packet, the Health Department's regulations, and the Culinary Team’s standards and expectations of food quality, freshness, and presentation.
• Support the Executive Chef, Sous Chef, and Lead Cook developing a sense of teamwork and cooperation.
• Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Chef, Sous Chef, or Kitchen Manager.
• Use traditional, made from scratch preparation methods.
• Train and develop prep cooks at your station, while leading by example for other station cooks as well.
• Understand how to properly use and maintain all equipment used. Ask Kitchen Manager or Sous Chef if you have questions about equipment safety.
• Ensure quality and timeliness of food production, using batch-cooking methods to maintain quality and freshness of product.
• Assist Lead Cook in monitoring par levels, portion control and waste, utilizing ordered product and surplus food product to minimize waste.
• Maintenance of Time and Temperature logs for your station.
• Ensure accurate labeling, dating, and rotating using the FIFO method for all raw and prepped food products.
• Report any injury, accident and/or food borne illness incident (customers and/or staff) accurately and in a timely manner to the Sous Chef.
• Respond to all comments and complaints in a positive manner and alert Sous Chef when necessary.
• Communicate with the customer honestly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
• Work the service line during peak meal hours while maintaining a responsive, approachable demeanor, displaying great customer service, in a timely manner.
• Audit all café signage prior to service to ensure proper spelling, allergens, correct ingredients, and descriptions.
• Meet all timelines for preparation.