Abraxas Corporation Project Controls Supervisor in Austin, Texas
2020 Cubic Transportation Systems, Inc.
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
Provides financial and schedule control services, information, and support as needed. Supervises a staff of Program Financial Analysts, and/or scheduling professionals. Provides technical direction, guidance, and training, as well as administrative support to staff. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures that designated staff provide appropriate levels of service on assigned projects
• Monitors all projects under direct purview and interfaces continually with all levels of management to assure quality
• Reviews staff work products for quality, accuracy, and utility
• Trains and develops staff to improve individual and organizational performance
• Provides ongoing staff performance feedback, guidance, and coaching
• Compiles annual (minimum) performance evaluations and discusses the evaluations with each staff member
• Acts as direct program financial operations contact with customers and Cubic's Senior Management
• Makes presentations to customers and Cubic's Senior Management
• Leads and facilitates meetings and discussions
• Acts as a working supervisor and performs the same job duties as a Senior Program Financial Operations Analyst
• Coordinates Cubic projects in accordance with Cubic's Policy and Procedure 3-1-1, “Program Planning, Scheduling and Administration.”
• Establishes the cost accounting structure of projects
• Assists in the budgeting and scheduling process
• Documents budgeting results in Work Authorization Documents and the Cost Status Reporting System
• Participates with scheduling professionals in the creation of project schedules and product reviews
• Provides earned value management in accordance with the Cubic's Management Control System Description (where required)
• Monitors costs to ensure accurate accounting
• Facilitates cost corrections and/or prepares account correction documents.
• Provides analyses and compiles expected cost data to form Estimate-At-Complete (EAC) forecasts
• Inputs EAC data into the Cost Status Reporting System
• Forecasts expenditures, sales, earnings, and cash flow
• Monitors and analyzes Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable to ensure both activities are timely and correct
• Prepares various internal and external (customer) financial analyses and reports.
• Supports internal and external audits
• Supports proposal development activities
• Distributes various cost and schedule reports to assigned project participants
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in business administration, accounting, specified field, or equivalent, plus a minimum of six years related experience. Working knowledge of earned value management techniques preferred. Must communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form, with all levels of employees including upper management. Must be competent with personal computer and spreadsheet software (e.g., Lotus 1-2-3, EXCEL) and other Microsoft Office software. Good interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to follow written and verbal directions. Able to prioritize, complete multiple tasks, and work under deadlines. Able to concentrate, focus, and perform analyses. Logical approach to problem solving. Adept analytic and numeric skills required. Must be able to work at a computer for extended periods of time.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic Corporation is the parent company of three major businesses, Cubic Transportation Systems (CTS), Cubic Global Defense (CGD), and Cubic Mission Solutions (CMS). CTS is a leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide. CGD is a leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. CMS provides networked Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities for defense, intelligence, security, and commercial missions. All three of our businesses provide innovative technology and an integrated approach to systems and services for government and commercial customers around the globe. This integration ensures our customers receive streamlined operations and strategy, cost-efficiency and speed to market.
Cubic was founded in San Diego, California in 1951 and has since built a global reputation for enhancing customer value. With fiscal year 2016 sales of $1.462 billion, Cubic is proud to have a presence in nearly 60 countries and employs 8,500+ people worldwide. To learn more about Cubic please watch the video at this link:
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf , We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law
For more information on Equal Employment please visit: