Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
QA Metrology Engineer - (68776)
Share this job as a link in your status update to LinkedIn.
This details all the information about the job posting.
Austin, TX 78759 US (Primary)
0 - 10%
Experienced, 4-6 years of experience
Founded in 1969, Flextronics International Limited has grown into a $30 billion business and become one of the world’s leading Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) providers that offers complete design, engineering, and manufacturing services to aerospace, automotive, computing, consumer digital, industrial, infrastructure, medical and mobile OEM customers. With a network of facilities in 33 countries and an employee base of over a 230,000 strong, Flextronics helps customers design, build, ship, and service electronics products worldwide.
* This QA Engineer position will work in a large product development lab where they will be expected to support the engineering team responsible for customer defined experiments, complete QA engineering activities with both the customer and Flextronics’ team around product validation testing using common failure analysis equipment.
* Will be responsible for learning all of the customer’s requirements for failure analysis testing and support the metrology lab by establishing standards or procedures as needed and performing typical QA engineering activities.
* Develop and implement quality audits, approve product/process/equipment qualifications, setup quality standards to support the lab’s procedures, analyze reports and recommend/initiate corrective action requests and track to satisfactory completion.
* Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to speak with customers.
* Must be comfortable presenting reports and other quality data summaries to a customer or internal engineering teams
* Will be expected to help drive corrective action by direct interaction with other team members
* Possess good computer skills, ability to review and present data / findings.
* Obtain any specified training as required for the customer failure analysis testing.
* This could include periodic trips to the customer’s or Flextronics labs for a few weeks of training on their standards.
REQUIRED (MUST-HAVE) QUALIFICATIONS:
* Either a BS in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
* Strong background in Mechanical Enclosures and metrology, specifically in quality processes.
* Experience and understanding of the following processes:
* CNC machining
* Media Blasting and Polishing
* CMM inspection
* Laser welding
* Adhesive bonding and curing