Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Software Development Manager, Manufacturing & Logistics-INF0003755
Software Testing Manager, Manufacturing & Logistics
About the General Motors Manufacturing & Logistics IT team:
GM’s Manufacturing & Logistics team innovates and drives business value with systems that help GM deliver consistent messaging, transactions and services through the product development and manufacturing lifecycle. The Manufacturing & Logistics IT team is responsible for developing, testing and delivering solutions leveraging a wide array of systems architectures and technical platforms. Our industry leading developers, engineers, testers and architects work closely with internal teams and dealers to deliver the world’s best customer experience.
About the role:
The Software Testing Manager senior level position leads one or more software testing teams to plan, code, and deploy innovative solutions. This technical role requires the manager to manage resources who define organization wide processes in test strategy, process and reporting in addition to planning and executing program level test engagements. From the initiation of the project planning phase, the Software Test Manager will interface with various GM teams to drive the system development process through deployment. This challenging role requires a candidate who will motivate team members to ensure applications meet GM IT standards for quality, security, performance and architecture requirements. This senior level position holds people management responsibility for one or more software testing teams.
- Excellent background with technical platforms including Java, web, and other emerging technologies
- A strong balance of leadership, business acumen and technical skills
- Extensive experience with various development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Iterative, Waterfall, etc.)
- Proven ability to manage a large portfolio of application engineering engagements and active project portfolio (Teams with 10-30 concurrent project engagements).
- A current portfolio demonstrating extensive expertise in executing technical deep-dives on test process and test artifacts
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience/training
- A master’s degree in a technical discipline
- Experience in test automation, software performance engineering
- Proven track record in testing complex software involving global dependencies
- Successful completion of business transformation and integration project with demonstrated success
- Ability to work constructively as an individual or in groups with minimal supervision. Understands and can apply software engineering and application test methodologies in a complex multi-project environment.
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Posting Date: Jan 17, 2013, 12:46:46 PM - Ongoing