IDI Distributors Warehouse Manager- Austin, TX in Austin, Texas
IDI's history of achievement and growth is indication that we provide the best environment for enthusiastic, driven individuals to be successful. IDI prides itself on a culture that values building meaningful connections with customers and coworkers, and each employee is bound by a commitment to providing the highest quality service within our industry.
Warehouse Supervisor Job Description
Insulation Distributors, Inc. is seeking a WarehouseSupervisor to join the IDI team. IDI is looking for a Warehouse Supervisor who can assist in the administration and supervision of the branch's distribution center, including a fleet of DOT-regulated box trucks and a team of delivery drivers. We are looking for someone who can work in conjunction with the Branch's Sales Manager to provide inside sales support and exceptional service to each of our customers. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a safe and organized warehouse as well as accurate inventories
- Coordinate delivery schedules to ensure complete and timely drop offs
- Work with Corporate Operations to ensure DOT compliance for the branch fleet and drivers
- Manage and motivate team of warehouse employees
- Deliver product with 24-26 ft. box truck if needed
- Utilize Great Plains ERP system to enter and fulfill customer orders
Warehouse Supervisor Job Qualifications
As a Warehouse Supervisor for IDI, you'll need a professional, service-focused attitude. Each Warehouse Supervisor is expected to have and maintain a satisfactory driving record as well as current driver's license and DOT medical card. We're looking for a Warehouse Supervisor who is able to work well in a team environment and independently.
Additional Job Qualifications
- Capable of motivating a team of drivers and developing rapport with co-workers
- Working knowledge of DOT/OSHA safety regulations and general warehouse practices
- Ability to identify product numbers and alpha/numeric codes
- Proficient listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift/carry/maneuver heavy product and equipment
- Ability to operate a forklift in compliance with OSHA requirements
- Ability to work a Monday - Friday schedule
Warehouse Supervisor Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required - college degree preferred
- 2+ years warehouse supervision, inside sales and/or distribution management experience
- 2+ years forklift experience and delivery driver experience preferred
Why IDI? Excellent pay and benefits. Dedicated staff. Service-oriented culture.
Since 1979 Insulation Distributors has been a leading national distributor to the insulation contractor market throughout the U.S. with 40 locations nationwide. IDI is a family owned and operated American business that takes pride in offering the highest-quality products and services at the most cost-effective prices in the industry. This special relationship with our customers has allowed us to build a successful operation that is prepared to handle specific needs of contractors in the residential, commercial and industrial markets. Part of IDI's commitment to quality stems from our association with the leading fiber glass manufacturer in the world, Owens-Corning, which has been serving the insulation industry with scientific expertise, product research and development for more than 70 years.
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Employment Type: Full Time
Pay Type: Salary
Pay Rate: Negotiable