Texas Health Resources Referral Specialist-Denton in Denton, Texas
The Referral Specialist (Coordinator) processes referrals and authorizations and works closely with physician(s), patients, and payers to achieve a positive impact on the outcome quality of care rendered to the patients.
Orthopedic Surgery Specialists - Denton
High school diploma or equivalent
Two (2) years related experience in a healthcare environment preferred
Strongly prefer insurance verification and referral experience
Scheduling experience also helpful
• Initiates and manages all components of clinical referrals for various services.
• Sets up appointments and any special arrangements such as transportation, interpreter services, etc.
• Verifies insurance coverage and obtains authorizations, if needed, from insurance providers.
• Acts as liaison between hospitals, physicians, health plans, vendors and patients or referral sources.
• Coordinates flow of information between medical clinic and referral authorization department to secure a valid referral for clinic patient.
• Develops and maintains database of referral physician offices preferred by each physician within the clinic.
• Assists Practice Manager with complaint resolution and solutions related to patient referrals.
• Enters referrals, documents, communications and actions in system.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.