Watco Companies L.L.C. Customer Service Representative - Houston, TX in Houston, Texas
Location: Houston, Texas (US-TX) 77015
The basic function of this position is to provide customer service for Watco customers which includes but is not limited to: order processing, scheduling, bill of lading preparation, and management of inventory levels. The incumbent interfaces extensively with terminal operations personnel, co-workers, customers, and, regulatory personnel as required.
- Interact with assigned customer base which includes maintaining all customer paperwork, installed systems, and equipment.
- Closely interact with customer elected carriers, surveyors, etc., regarding orders and product movement.
- Prepare orders for inbound and outbound trucks, and barges on a daily basis, up to eight-hours per day. Includes all associated paperwork, extensive interaction with truck drivers, customers and co-workers, and entering transactions into the Galahad data base and local trackers
- Strict adherence to security regulations and procedures as stated in the terminal's Facility Security Plan.
- Accurately update/maintain the Galahad system. A broad range of inventory system knowledge and skills is required, including an understanding of the Galahad system. This requires a detailed knowledge of inventory procedures, i. e., input and confirm inbound/outbound movements, identify variances (gains and losses), run reports, enter gauges and the activation of new contracts. Analyzes product movement operations for accuracy and accountability.
- Work with operations, co-workers, scheduling, measurement, inspectors, and customers to reconcile custody transfer volumes. Utilizes knowledge of Inventory System in responding to report requests and inquires.
- Completes month-end-close to provide timely information to accounting for billing, and to customers for their month-end-close.
- Responds to requests for product throughput analysis from various departments and customers.
- Prepare monthly and annual regulatory reports as required.
- Provide any required billing information to Accounts Payable.
- Track terminal expenditures and revenue and assist with weekly forecasting
- Assist Terminal Manager as needed.