Stark Talent Drilling Superintendent in Houston Texas United States
We are looking for a successfulDrilling Superintendent - HTHPthat is eager to help clients deliver the deepest well on the west coast of India.
We are an independent consulting company that provides leading-edge expertise to solve our clients’ most critical well problems (drilling, completion, or production) and provide unique insight into reservoir and pipeline issues.We help Operators develop innovative technical solutions to problems that have often defied conventional solutions.
One exciting opportunity is a rotational position to India as aDrilling Superintendent - HTHPhelping the client plan and deliver the deepest well on the west coast of India.Bottomhole temperatures up to 400 F and mud weights up to 18 ppg are expected.A well test of potential productive zones will be performed.The terms are;
Work Schedule:28 / 28
Duration:1Q 2013 through Oct 2013
The successful Candidate will lead the well design team, located in India and the USA, through well execution.The team is responsible to the Client for designing, planning, and executing this complex well. The Drilling Superintendent reports directly to the Drilling Manager.Project management skills and the ability to juggle priorities will be critical to delivering this project.
Excellent Communication skills, self-motivation, and safety leadership are required.
* Provide the necessary leadership to a multi-national onshore and offshore team during the planning and well operations to obtain the highest standards of Safety performance.
* Manage Drilling and Testing operations to deliver the expected Safety and Operational performance during rig operations.
* Regularly Communicate with Client on Safety, Operational Performance, Schedule, and Costs during planning and delivery of the well.
* Coordinate with Drilling Contractor on the Safe and Efficient operation of the Jack-Up Drilling Rig.
* Managing other Suppliers and Contractors during the execution of drilling and associated programs, including well testing, to ensure that all objectives are met in a safe, environmental, and cost effective manner.
* Lead Change and Risk Management process to ensure appropriate reviews and evaluations are performed.
* Review and Approve the Drilling and possible Well Test program to effectively deliver the well objectives.
* At least 15 years petroleum industry experience with minimum of 5 years’ experience as drilling superintendent, directing, coordinating, and managing drilling and testing activities on jack-up and offshore rigs.
* Strong knowledge in HPHT environments with recent experience in similar well types is essential.
* Recent experience with Jack-Up rigs is preferred, but evidence of prior experience will be acceptable.
* Possess a valid IWCF well control certificate (Combined Surface Stack & Subsea).
* Excellent Written and Verbal English Language Skills.
* Minimum High School Graduation Certificate or equivalent.Preferably possess Bachelors of Science or Engineering.
* Prefer experience working as Drilling Superintendent for global operators.
* Prefer Regional Experience.
We are an independent consulting company that focuses on resolving the challenges of critical wells for the energy industry. We provide leading-edge expertise to solve drilling, completion, production, reservoir and pipeline challenges. We work from an Operator’s perspective, with the sole objective of safely and efficiently maximizing our client’s return on reserves and assets
Since our creation over ten years ago, we have collaborated on a wide variety of engineering, research, and development projects in several sectors of the oil and gas and geothermal industries.
We comprise over 70 engineers, scientists, and project managers. Sixty percent of our staff possess advanced degrees and of those, twenty percent hold doctoral degrees in applied science or engineering. Our engineers are highly experienced, with, on average, 20+ years in the industry, serving major operating and service companies.
We are engineers, scientists, and project managers with an abiding passion for tackling and resolving special problems in drilling and production.
You’ll probably be really happy here if:
* You have strong sense of personal accountability and have a history of doing things beyond the scope of your personal role.
* You're looking to contribute to our culture and roadmap
* You love working collaboratively
* You are high energy and low ego
* You’re comfortable giving feedback and receiving constructive criticism
Who is Stark?
Stark has been engaged by our client to assist in locating and screening the most qualified candidates for this opportunity. We are precise in our processes, but inspired in our approach. We are committed to providing value – and most importantly – results, to our clients and candidates
To review a complete list of Stark openings, please go towww.starktalent.com/career-center/search-jobs/.Project Management
Full Time Temporary
United States [US]