Exterran Item Master in Houston, Texas
Job#:Capacity Planner Lead
Job Type:Full Time
Location:TX - Houston NHR
Apply To This Job
Return To List
Position Summary:This position is responsible for Managing the development, implementation and roll-out of Item Master Standards across multiple organizations. This role is key in setting up the successful use of the Oracle System in order to manage the business.operational/ process optimization standards across all manufacturing facilities- globally; developing, improving, and documenting processes and tools to ensure consistency across the Manufacturing Organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Work with the Product Scheduling and production teams in order to help define categories for items.
· Develop standards for each category with the materials team. These will include attributes such as lead time, planner code, buyer, make/buy, etc.
· Help manage the change control process with Engineering. Included will be conversations with revision control, as well as cut-ins and BOM changes.
· Develop and maintain planning BOMs to use to drive activities and forecast to help the business plan.
· Work with the Manufacturing Engineering group to ensure that standard routings are assigned to each of the planning items and BOMs.
· Monitor the system for errors in the items. (Make items with no BOM, excessive or no lead times, no buyer, incorrect planning category, etc.)
· Drive standardization across the organization based on the planning codes. Similar lead times, planners, buyers, etc.
· Help educate the workforce on how the structures are setup and change where needed.
Required Skills or Tools:
· Organized and able to manage multiple changing priorities while meeting deadlines.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to interface with personnel at all levels throughout the business.
· Excellent problem solving skills and demonstrated analytical ability.
· Detail oriented, self-motivated, and possess excellent organizational skills.
· Must be able to work under pressure.
· Proficient with MRP tools and Excel.
· ORACLE, Oracle ASCP scheduling experience a plus.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, business or engineering degree preferred.
· Oracle Inventory module experience a plus
· Must be able to work in an often times fast paced atmosphere under pressure
· Occasional overtime will be required
Apply To This Job