TD Industries Inc Med Gas Plumber in Houston, Texas
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of America’s premier Mechanical Construction and Facilities Service companies bringing full life cycle development and solutions in engineering, construction, operations and maintenance. Our employee-owned company operates today with a network of offices and projects throughout the Southwest generating optimum mechanical and electrical systems that serve healthcare facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical facilities, industrial complexes and other essential institutions.
Our employees, whom we call “Partners” are the heart of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the "100 Best Places to Work", "Top 50 Training Organizations" and "Top 30 Companies to Retire From" due to our solid commitment to the personal and professional development of each employee.
Assembles, installs and repairs plumbing systems. Installs these systems according to specifications and appropriate trade and building codes. These systems may consist of pipes, fittings, and fixtures of heating, water and drainage systems. Reports to a trade Foreman. Performs other job related duties as required and works under limited supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Studies specifications, building plans and show drawings to determine work aids required and the appropriate sequence of installation.
- Inspects the structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent the weakening of the structure resulting from the installation of pipe.
- Locates and marks the position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors using ruler, level and plumb bob.
- Cuts openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and fittings using hand and power tools.
- Digs, backfills and tamps ditches using shovels, picks and tampers; cut, ream and solder copper tubing/piping, braze, solvent weld, fuser groove and thread pipe using pipe cutters, reamers, torches, alloy, gaskets, solvent cements, fusing machines, grove and pipe-threading machines.
- Assembles and installs valves, pipe and fittings composed of metals, e.g. iron, steel, copper, brass, lead and non-metals, e.g., glass, vitrified clay and plastic using hand tools and power tools.
- Joins pipe using screws, bolts, fittings, solder, solvent and caulk joints.
- Fills pipe systems with water or air and reads gauges to determine system leak.
- Installs and repairs plumbing fixtures such as sinks, toilets, bathtubs, urinals, water heaters, water softeners and others.
- Helps plumbers, welders, sheet metal workers or HVAC workers as needed.
- Responsible for seeking out training and developing personal goals and objectives using the APPLE performance management system.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring their personal career path plan with supervisors that will allow the Partner to realize personal and professional goals.
- Willing to participate in craft training and Career Path Programs.
BEHAVIORAL: Ability to follow specific directions, perform a changing variety of duties, repeat tasks of short duration according to a set procedure and work within precise limits and standards of numerical accuracy. Has excellent attitude and work ethic. Shows good professional appearance. Performs as a self-managed individual.
Prefer at least five years in the mechanical contracting industry.
Stable work history with prior jobs
JOB SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- Ability to read and interpret written materials; perform basic mathematical computations and use measuring tools.
- Ability to identify basic trade materials by size, shape and function.
- Able to safely use small power tools and hand tools
- Journeyman’s plumbing license with Med Gas Endorsement
- Must have experience installing Med Gas
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to work skillfully with both hands constantly; independently safely lift and carry objects weighing up to 20 pounds routinely, 50 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally; climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffold; kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, push, pull, twist, finger, grasp and feel on a constant and repetitive basis; stand, walk, talk, see (20/20 vision naturally or corrected), hear within normal range and perform repetitive motion activities.
- Ability to work in extreme environmental conditions including excessive heat and cold, noise, vibrations, dust, fumes, oils, wear a portable respirator and adhere to all company safety requirements.
- Ability to physically negotiate the hazards of a new construction worksite, e.g.; uneven surfaces, floor openings, heights, construction debris and poor lighting and adhere to all company safety requirements.
- Ability to work the schedule required by job demands and willingness to participate in a formal Career Path Program.
This description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant duties and responsibilities may be required at any time in order to meet business and organizational needs.
TDIndustries conducts pre-employment physicals, drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Pre-employment screening may also include certification/license verification and trade testing requirements as applicable. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of testing and screening.
We invite you to come see what makes us great! Join us in our dedication of making a positive impact on our communities and work with an amazing team where you will be given the opportunity to develop your career.
Our people oriented company offers great pay and a comprehensive benefit plan that includes health & wellness benefits, paid training & education, paid time off, paid holidays, income protection, retirement and employee ownership opportunities.
TDIndustries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Location: Houston, TX