Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: PRN Cath Lab RN
Location: United States-Texas-Houston-West Houston Medical Center - Houston
Other Locations: null
Incumbent is responsible for the general nursing activities in the Cardiac Cath Lab, providing quality patient care. The Cardiac Cath Lab Registered Nurse is expected to assist with the planning and presentation of departmental inservices and to cross train in areas outside the normal nursing responsibilities. Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
Required Job Qualifications include:
* Current Texas RN License.
* Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS.
* Minimum 1 year ICU, CCU or Cardiac Cath Lab Experience
* Current Knowledge of ECG monitoring
* I.A.B.P. experience preferred
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
* Possess the ability to work as member of a team or independently as the needs require and to prioritize responsibilities
* Clinically proficient in cath lab procedures demonstrating a knowledge of the developmental needs of the adolescent, adult and geriatric patients