Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
*PRN - Healthcare Technician - Houston - Opportunities Available
Job Title: *PRN - Healthcare Technician - Houston - Opportunities Available
Job Type: Per Diem (PRN)
Location: Houston, TX
Site Location: Walgreens, Healthcare Clinic
This role is responsible for creating an amazing experience through patient-centric activities including patient acknowledgement and assistance in Take Care Clinics. The Healthcare Tech is visible at the front desk 85+% of the time and is responsible or both the overall patient flow through the clinic and marketing activities for the clinic
Operations: Ensures the smooth operations of the clinic with the goal of a positive patient experience with every encounter.
• Greets patients with a smile and assists them through the registration process, and keeps them informed of wait times and manages visit expectations.
• Extends a warm and caring approach to all our patients with a respect for the diversity of all patients.
• Assist with self-scheduling (kiosk/online).
• Assist patients with completing vaccination administration forms, handing out VAR forms and Physical exam forms.
• Assist with process for biowaste pick up.
• Checks bathrooms for cleanliness and reports to SM as needed.
• Assist with coordination for clinic repairs/IR or IT tickets filing and opening ticket.
• Opens daily mail and processes accordingly.
• Facilitates clinic and patient flow for the provider by preparing the patient in the exam room, including:
o Collects and verifies all pertinent demographic data including insurance information, identification, and applicable consent forms, and scans them into the EMR.
o Informs patients of any applicable co-pay and forms of acceptable payment. Performs eligibility checks by using on-line or telephonic methods as needed.
• Assists in maintaining clinic cleanliness by cleaning exam rooms before and after patient use and at the end of the day and other duties as needed.
• Ensures clinics uphold Take Care Clinic brand standards by posting only branded materials, and maintaining a clean and welcoming appearance.
• Stocks clinics with needed supplies for patient care.
• Facilitates timely closings of clinics and follows closing procedures.
• Monitors patient waiting area for cleanliness and safety issues.
• Performs other duties as determined by the Clinic Coordinator, Clinic Manager or Market Manager.
Quality Care: Performs clinical tasks and activities as delegated to ensure quality care is delivered and patient safety is maintained.
• Performs vital signs and point-of-care testing as requested by the provider.
• Assists Providers in processing documentation related to patient care. Elevates patient concerns/immediate patient care needs immediately to the Provider on duty in the clinic.
• Provides service as chaperone for exams as requested by provider and/or patient.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to collect blood samples from patients (where permitted by state or required by clinic)
• Advocates services (range of sick services, flu-shots, vaccines, sports/camp physicals). Ensures all patients are asked to complete customer engagement survey.
• Generates customer and employee awareness of the clinic and its services in the store and pharmacy by disseminating marketing materials and talking to customers and store employees. Ensures marketing materials are visible throughout the store.
• Ability to float within the market and adjust schedule to meet market needs.
Engages in a collegial fashion with all Take Care Clinic colleagues.
• Attends scheduled orientations and participates in ongoing training as required.
• Effectively communicates team needs to Market Manager to deliver superior service to our patients.
• Embraces our culture, commitments, core focus and company vision.
• Fosters positive relationships with Store/Pharmacy managers and staff.
• Additional duties as assigned.
High school diploma and at least 2 years of experience in patient care doing vital signs or High school diploma and completion of training program as Medical Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, Certified Nursing Assistant, RN student with completion of 1 semester clinicals.
Experience in making a positive difference in every patient’s life by providing exceptional patient care, and a desire to help achieve Take Care Health Systems’ business objectives
Experience delivering exceptional customer service (1 or more years of demonstrated customer service experience preferred).
Basic email and internet explorer skills (sending, receiving, and organizing communications).
Current CPR certification, Completed drug screen, TB test, and Hepatitis B vaccination or decline form prior to hire
Basic level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint
Basic level skill in Microsoft Word
Outgoing, warm, customer-service oriented personality a must.