Siemens Engineering Specialist II - Building Automation / HVAC Controls in Irving, Texas
Engineering Specialist II - Building Automation / HVAC Controls
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 209457
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Manages the execution of all projects designated as BT Works projects. Provides expertise and knowledge throughout the system or service project lifecycle. Duties include: estimating, tracking, start up and commissioning multiple smaller projects requiring greater planning and technical expertise than the next lower level position.
• Schedule, and manage the execution of projects designated as BT Works projects.
• Coordinate Branch and/or personal labor to achieve BT Works project completion schedules.
• Manage invoicing and all financial aspects of BT Works projects.
• Attends pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope.
• Analyzes plans, specifications, and contract to determine system requirements. Selects products, sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements.
• Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical or pneumatic and installation problems.
• Organizes and maintains the job folder and updates pertinent job related information.
• Prepares engineering re-estimate reports, minimizes variances and provides justification.
• Provides on-site assistance with or performs the programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning and validation processes. Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs, completes all job closeout documentation and provides customer training.
• Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
• Coordinates work with subcontractors.
• May be responsible for training lower level engineers and specialists.
• Must be able to perform all tasks with minimal supervision or coaching.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· High SchoolDiplomaor GEDrequired.
· 5+ yrs DDC Controlsexperienceor 2 yrs Engineering Specialist I experience required.
· Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC concepts, business operations, and job financial reports. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Associate's degree in Electronics or other related technical field preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .