Dr Pepper Snapple Group Maintenance Mechanic II in Irving, Texas
Maintenance Mechanic II
The Maintenance Mechanic II is responsible for troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining packaging and processing machinery such as fillers, cappers, case packers, box formers, hot melt sealing systems, printers, labelers, pumps, mixers and valves. Other equipment would be as motors, conveyor systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, production machines, HVAC systems, boilers, extractors, fractionators, homogenizers, material handling equipment, bulk delivery equipment, blending/mixing systems as well as general building maintenance .
Join the team at Dr Pepper Snapple Group and make a difference by pursuing everything that you do with the determination that sets us apart from our competitors. Driving for results leads to recognition and personal growth within the company, helping us to achieve our goal to “Be the Best Beverage Business in the Americas". The success that comes from within each of us is recognized, and creates opportunities for your growth in the organization.
Shift and Schedule
This is a full time permanent position working on 2nd shift, Monday through Friday, 2:00pm – 10:30pm. Flexibility to work overtime, weekends, and holidays is required as the business needs.
- Analyze mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic or electrical problems and make repairs through adjustments, defective parts replacement, or fabrication.
- Wire moderately complex control circuits.
- Check, wire, and troubleshoot high voltage poly-phase and multi-speed motors. Install all types of conduit runs, EMT, rigid, stainless steel, and plastics.
- Calibrate and repair control elements in process loops.
- Perform soldering techniques on circuit board components.
- Fabricate, repair, and install hangers and all types of piping including hot/cold water, steam, process and condensate, utilizing formulas for all phases.
- Weld various types of metals.
- Machine most metals, plastics, and composites.
- Fabricate or replicate minor pieces for the repair or replacement of parts on equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on all equipment.
- Maintain proper levels of heat transfer medium in building heating system and cooling medium in process chilled water loop.
- Navigate and troubleshoot PLCs and HMIs.
- Complete work orders and confirmations in SAP.
- Identify problems and completes repairs, with minimal downtime or supervision.
We take great pride in offering our people benefits that are competitive. We appreciate hard work, innovative ideas and unending passion, which is why we provide a comprehensive set of benefits and options designed to fit the unique lifestyles of our employees from day one based on eligibility requirements.
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
- 3 years mechanical troubleshooting experience on high-speed manufacturing environment
- Lift, push, and pull 50 pounds repeatedly, walking and standing for long period of time
- 3 years of previous experience with Microsoft Office including Excel
- Able to supply your own set of hand tools
- 2 years of previous forklift operation experience
Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. (NYSE: DPS)is the leading producer of flavored beverages in North America and the Caribbean. Our success is fueled by more than 50 brands that are synonymous with refreshment, fun and flavor. We have 6 of the top 10 non-cola soft drinks, and 11 of our 14 leading brands are No. 1 in their flavor categories. In addition to our flagship Dr Pepper and Snapple brands, our portfolio includes Sunkist soda, 7UP, A&W, Canada Dry, Crush, Mott's, Squirt, Hawaiian Punch, Peñafiel, Clamato, Schweppes, Rose's and Mr & Mrs T mixers.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Dr Pepper Snapple Group recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected Veterans/ Disabled
Organization: *Supply Chain
Title: Maintenance Mechanic II
Requisition ID: 1715658