Citi Senior Mobile Solutions Test Engineer in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 17063648
Senior Mobile Solutions Test Engineer
The Test Engineer will be a member of the Citi End User Computing Testing Services team and is accountable for ensuring a positive end user computing experience globally. Position responsibilities will include:
• Develop a thorough understanding of End User Mobile Compute architecture platforms (thick and thin clients), Technology Standards and Infrastructure Components.
• Develop and implement end-to-end testing engineering that enables certification of functional and non-functional requirements for Citi employee mobile computing.
• Develop and implement testing capabilities in a continuous testing model, leveraging DevOps concepts such as continuous integration and continuous delivery in the mobile computing workspace. This includes defining the testing architecture, testing tools and test environments needed to deliver certifications.
• Define key mobile Service Level Indicators and Service Level Objectives and implement monitoring solutions with primary focus on end user experience (including transaction response times, transaction throughput, transaction error rates, and capacity utilization).
• Validate estimated mobile capacity requirements through benchmarking and performance testing.
• Standardize the testing approach, framework and success criteria including governance of test executions, analyzing test results and identifying tuning/optimization opportunities based on test results. Testing focus is on mobile applications in use by Citi employees.
• Forecast mobile capacity requirements based on both business and technical input in advance of the need.
• Provide for proactive performance issue identification and root cause analysis.
• Identify opportunities to optimize current solutions and perform technical analysis and/or provide “hands on” technical support, on an “as needed” basis, to troubleshoot problems related to poorly performing systems in production and test environments.
• Manage a team of consultant resources that will deliver mobile testing scripting and execution.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Our missionis to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree or higher and a minimum of 5years in mobile computing technology and testing experience, ideally in Financial Services, with specialty in the area of Enterprise-scale thin-client computing.
5 years of expertise in evaluating new testing technologies and products (both hardware and software) in the context of business needs and established reference architecture.
5 years of experience with mobile testing tools such as Perfecto and HPE Mobile Center.
3 years of excellent verbal & written communication, inter-personal, facilitation and presentation skills are essential to succeed in this position.
3 years of strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to provide “hands on” technical support and analysis on as needed basis.
3 years of detail and delivery focused, hands-on, data driven, detail oriented approach with clear accountability for performance and execution.
This position is located in Irving TX.