PDS Tech Inc Systems Applications Administrator Irving TX 75063 in Irving, Texas
Systems Applications Administrator Irving TX 75063. Contact Elisabeth Laspe for details. 314-669-8020 firstname.lastname@example.org
7 month contract with possible extensions. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card to qualify.
This position’s primary responsibility is to ensure high availability of overall IT infrastructure to satisfy business needs. The candidate will have a strong technical background with experience working on medium to large sized teams. Provide immediate response and/or investigation of system alerts in a complex network environment. Monitors system performance and take proactive corrective action to insure maximum system availability is achieved. This role is also required to collaborate with other IT staff, as well as vendors, and consultants.
• Provide windows system support for troubleshooting and resolving system related incidents, providing assistance to peer members to identify, isolate, restore and apply long term corrective action.
• Work across several teams to restore service rapidly during an incident.
• Analyze the root cause of incidents and implement permanent resolutions.
• Identify opportunities for system automation and process improvement.
• Create in-depth documentation of processes and system configuration.
• Provide and receive cross training from immediate support team.
• Drive Continual Service Improvement. Performs installations of hardware, software, and operating systems upgrades, changes and configurations.
• All other duties as assigned.
Minimum High School Diploma Required
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology preferred
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• A minimum of 5 years of experience directly related to Windows System Administration 2008 (R2)/2012R2 and with increasing responsibilities administering client/Server applications.
• Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common network services such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, ADREPL, AD Trust, GPO, etc.
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting IIS7.5, IIS8.
• MS Clustering experience with SQL servers and applications.
• SSL certificate exposure.
• In-depth understanding of storage and networking technologies.
• Excellent communication skills, well spoken, ability to deal with internal clients and managers at various levels, work with engineers & vendors when needed.
• Must be outgoing, self-starter and be able to resolve complex issues with limited supervision or direction.
• Must be self-motivated and able to think “outside the box”.
• Server performance tuning, and memory crash dump analysis is a plus.
• SCCM and SCOM experie nce.
• Proficient in administration of VMware ESX hosts and VMs.
• Provisioning and deployment of new Windows servers.
• Powershell Scripting experience is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.