Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Position Number: 60386942
Position Title: Capital Project Engineer Orange Mill
Posting Period: 12/07/2012
Business: Global Manufacturing
Job Group: Professionals
Area of Interest: Technology
Relocation Paid: Yes
The position level of the Capital Project Engineer will vary depending
on the qualifications of the successful candidate. There is one
Electrical and one Mechanical/Electrical position available.
To manage the development and implementation of capital projects in
support of facility and business unit objectives.
Responsibilities will vary based on experience level and capability to
manage projects and could include the following;
• Coordination of all phases of capital project from business
justification to start-up including; business case development,
evaluation and selection of technical alternatives, development of
detailed cost estimates and execution plans, design engineering,
construction management, commissioning and start up.
• Independently manage many small projects or a single major
project with the responsibility for managing budget, schedule, and
• Support the skills development of less experienced team
• Assure engagement and alignment from required project
constituents and team members for all projects, including outside
resources such as engineering partners and contractors.
• Overall management of the procurement process including bid
analysis (commercial and technical), negotiation and awarding of work
associated with the procurement of equipment and services, expediting,
factory acceptance activities and resolving contract issues.
• Managing major projects that are engineered by contracted
engineering resources, including determining the appropriate engineering
deliverables (design and documentation) for assigned projects and
management of engineering contractor processes, procedures and workflow.
• Assuring quality and cost effective deliverables from
equipment and material suppliers, engineering and construction
• Anticipating and managing through changes in the marketplace
which may impact the cost, quality, schedule and project performance
This position will be responsible for managing a portfolio of facility
level projects; minimum workload - $2MM per year and/or 10 active
projects per year, maximum workload - $10MM per year and/or 20 active
projects per year.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree
• Self directed and driven, requiring minimum supervision
- Basic to advanced knowledge of and proficiency in the following areas:
Capital project development and execution processes, safety, pulp &
paper manufacturing processes, industrial regulatory requirements,
reliability, project cost controls, portfolio management, strategic
planning,startup/ramp up planning, engineering management, estimating
skills, contracting strategies, construction management and outage
planning and execution,
- Basic to advanced leadership skills; negotiating, team development,
influencing, command skills, managerial courage, planning and
organizing, managing upward, results oriented, conflict resolution, etc.
This position will report to Capital Project Leaders within the local
An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V