YMCA of Greater Houston Lifeguard I in Pearland, Texas
Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement, youth development and healthy living in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
1. Maintains constant surveillance of the pool area.
2. Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Completes related reports as required.
3. Maintains effective relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
4. Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
5. Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
6. Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
7. Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
8. Performs chemical testing at appropriate times of the day, as required, and takes appropriate action.
9. Attends all staff meetings and training as required.
10.Performs effectively on all required lifeguard audits and drills
1. Minimum age of 16 years.
2. Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid certification.
3. Current YMCA LifeguardingorRed Cross Lifeguarding and obtain YMCA Lifeguarding Certification within 30 days of hire.
4. Oxygen Administration certification.
5. Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
6. Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
7. Ability to pass lifeguard water test.
Posting ID 79640220369
Job Category Aquatics