YMCA of Greater Houston Program Assistant II in Pearland, Texas
Provides direction for the program and staff, and implements older youth and teen enrichment program curriculum. Provides a quality experience to youth and parents that focuses youth development, including the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Implements club lesson/activity plans.
- Supervises the youth, classroom, and all activities.
- Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each youth.
- Conducts and maintains communication with parents, and engages parents as volunteers.
- Provide and lead club meetings.
Attends and participates in school events, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training
- Meets educational and experience qualifications established by state law (if the state sets requirements. The YMCA should establish minimum qualification standards if the state has no requirements).
- At least 21 years of age (The age minimum may be higher depending on state law).
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
- Previous experience working with youth in a developmental setting preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities
- Previous experience with diverse populations.
Ability to read, interpret, retain, and teach documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions, and procedure/educational manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.Ability to speak effectively before groups of children, parents, staff, members of the YMCA, and/or others, as well as in one-on-one situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense, understanding, and sound mature judgment to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, including assisting with curriculum learning. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.Ability to maintain confidentiality.Ability to be sensitive and alert to the needs, feelings, and safety of others.Ability to ensure children’s safety and maintain YMCA and state standards and guidelines at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel objects, tools, and/or controls; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and taste and smell.The employee must frequently move and/or lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 100 pounds such as furniture, supplies, equipment, children, etc.Possess adequate vision and hearing to safely monitor environment and children.
Current record of tuberculosis examination and/or current local health department regulations, examinations, and/or immunization as require by the local or State Department of Health.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. Nonsmoking and drug and alcohol free work environment.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, occasionally loud.The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes and airborne particles, toxic, or caustic chemicals, extreme heat, and/or blood.The employee regularly is exposed to bodily excretions of children, depending on developmental level of children in the employee’s care.
Posting ID 79640267973
Job Category Sports