USAA Lead Credit Risk Analyst (Bank Strategist) in San Antonio, Texas
Purpose of Job
Measures, monitors, and analyzes historical trends and external factors impacting the credit risk exposure for loan products. Develops detailed analysis, utilizing sophisticated analytical and financial modeling and statistical techniques to predict, evaluate and manage the credit risk across various loan portfolios. Assesses lending product/portfolio performance specific to credit loss and financial elements. Accountable for achieving business objectives and results.
We are currently seeking talented Lead Credit Risk Analyst (Bank Strategist) for our San Antonio, TX or Phoenix, AZ facility.
- Performs complex and often unique work assignments and problem resolution. Anticipates opportunities and potential solutions, and leads team through the problem resolution process.
- Acquires and applies expert knowledge of the business, its products, and processes.
- Directs analyses, root cause identification, and development and recommendation of key work products to mitigate associated risk or leverage potential business advantages.
- Accountable for achieving business objectives and results; provides guidance to cross-functional team members to ensure goal achievement and team success.
- Recognizes and leads the development and implementation of appropriate credit risk strategies. Serves as a subject matter expert for product segmentation and credit loss activities.
- Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of equivalent work experience
- 8+ years relevant business support and/or general analysis experience
- Demonstrated leadership and/or managerial experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and applicable databases
- Expert knowledge of data analysis tools including skills to develop analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, or other business intelligence and analysis software applications for data
- segmentation, aggregation, and statistics (E.g. SPS or Visual Basic)
- Ability to work with large databases and datasets for extraction, conversion into useful business information, and analytical purposes
- Expert knowledge of industry data sources
- Thorough knowledge of product segmentations, financial instrument relationships, and credit loss activities and key drivers
Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Masters degree in modeling, statistics or similar
- 10+ years combined risk management experience in credit card, consumer lending, and deposits
- 8+ years experience in Design of Experiment configuration, implementation, and performance tracking
- 8+ years combined experience working in risk decision engines – underwriting and account management adaptive control
- 5+ years implementing statistical models in risk strategies
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) project experience a plus
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/18/17 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Lead Credit Risk Analyst (Bank Strategist) TX-San Antonio R0013395