Jefferson Bank PT Teller in San Antonio, Texas
*To be considered an applicant, you must schedule the Teller Test _AFTER_ you have applied online. *
Please call Melissa Akers at 210.736.7877 to schedule a Teller Test.
Our Mission Statement: Earning long term relationships every day through integrity, responsiveness, and commitment. This is personal to us.
Through the years, Jefferson Bank has created an elite team of highly skilled, family oriented and civic-minded individuals who contribute to the bank's continuing success. Therefore, it is vital that we continue to attract, retain, train, and motivate the very best employees to serve our clients. Jefferson Bank seeks service-minded candidates with innovative ideas to join our financial services family.
If you are an outgoing people person and have a natural desire to want to help others through providing excellent customer service, than this is the role for you!
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday: 7:00am – 6:00pm, Saturday: 9:00am – 1:00pm
(Must be available to work any shift between hours listed above)
A Teller for Jefferson Bank will provide superior and quality customer service by ensuring all transactions are processed accurately. A Teller will keep accurate records of current and negotiable instruments while following bank policies and procedures. A Teller will provide customer referrals for new products and services on a daily basis. As a Teller you will contribute to the overall success of the branch by:
- Accept and process deposits and withdrawals on commercial, personal, and savings accounts
- Cash various types of checks according to established policies
- Count, sort and package currency and coin. Prepare and fill change orders for commercial customers
- Prepare and sell cashier’s checks, money orders, and travelers checks
- Activate ATM pin numbers for customers when needed
- Balance cash daily following standard procedures
In return we offer you a chance to join a family oriented seasoned employer where teamwork comes together to exceed our customer expectations. If you meet our minimum qualifications and are looking to take your career to the next level we invite you to apply and learn more.
We offer outstanding employee benefits such as medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, sick leave, defined benefit retirement plan, 401(k) plan, and opportunities for internal advancement! View additional benefit information at: (https://www.jeffersonbank.com/about-jefferson-bank/careers/employee-benefits)
*Part Time Employees must work at least 30 hours per week to qualify for benefits
CANDIDATE MUST RESIDE WITHIN THE LOCAL SAN ANTONIO, TX AREA
- 6 months of cash handling experience and a good balancing record
- Able to work 25 to 30 flexible hours per week including Saturdays
- Excellent customer service skills while handling variety of duties
- Proficient in simple math and be able to pass the pre-employment Teller Assessment Test
Preferred Work Experience
- ATM experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to present professional demeanor and experience
- Excellent personal computer literacy (Microsoft Outlook, Jack Henry, EZ Teller)
- Ability to work with office equipment such as copiers, scanners, shredders, fax
- Ability to use adding machine/calculator
- May use encoding and ATM pin number machines
- Coin and bill counter
- Ability to solve complex software problems and make valid recommendations
- Proven organizational skills with ability to multi-task and follow assigned tasks through completion
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be accustomed to a fast-paced office environment
- Must be able to stand for up to 4 hours per day
- Must be able to reach, bend and lift files up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to type on a keyboard
- Must be able to speak to and hear customers
- Must be able to read a laptop/desktop computer monitor
- Must be able to be mobile in an office environment
*To be considered an applicant, you must call and schedule the Teller Test _AFTER_ you have completed the online application. *
Please call Melissa Akers at 210.736.7877 to schedule the test.
Your application is incomplete until you have completed a Teller Test
Jefferson Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Click this link to view the "EEO is the Law" Poster:http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf (link is external)
Note: This job description has been designed to indicate general nature of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Location: Blanco Road Banking Center
Requisition #: 757
# of Openings: 1