Planned Systems International, Inc. System Administrator in San Antonio, Texas
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering support of the enterprise application lifecycle management infrastructure which consists of code creation or customization and testing tools, code storage and archiving, server OS maintenance, hardware, and code configuration management
- Analyze site data and traffic to maximize online impact of all initiatives
- Research, test, and apply Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts patches as they become available using accepted business processes within a test environment and subsequently in the actual production environment
- Conduct periodic backups to the server farm and maintenance to backup systems
- Engineer and conduct a service recovery scenario for all supported device types within environment
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution, including issues with site-to-site communication and package distribution to achieve high efficiency and high availability of portal
- Create architectural diagrams, project plans and presentations
- Grant proper security authorizations to groups and conduct annual maintenance of permission groups
- Assist in all phases of Software Life Cycle including consistent SQL Server installations for development, test, and production environments including related components and version upgrades.
- Adhere to security policies and standards to provide database access to groups of users and to application owners and administrators
- Documentation and procedures associated with the running, support, and maintenance of the systems
- Implement a government-provided SharePoint system and all contractor-recommended required components environment including but not necessarily limited to SharePoint Server, Web Server and Services, and SQL Server and Services
- Modernize server environments by taking advantage of virtualization technology and consolidating servers and applications across networks to effectively save costs, increase availability, and improve agility using virtualization and management solutions
- Provide support to maintain the functionality of application/web servers to include: hardware/software configuration, performance monitoring and fine tuning, troubleshooting, issue resolution, new software releases, upgrades, systematic backup/recovery and assist in migration plans
- Assist in the maintenance of systems security in accordance with facility and DoD standards to include installation of required security patches
- Coordinate with Database Administrators to ensure proper database configuration and assist in the evaluation of commercial off-the-shelf packages for compatibility as requested
- Assist with development of an updated system architectural design document describing service level offerings and planned enhancements
- Assist to develop/maintain Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documents for task requirements
- Participate in active communication with application vendors assisting with technical support
- Communicate effectively with members of the staff and subordinate units
- Other duties as required and assigned direct project manager or corporate leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or closely related field with 2+ years of directly related experience performing all aspects of System Administration. An equivalent combination of education, certification, and relevant experience may be considered.
- Experience with IIS (web server) and other web components.
- Experienced in the use of an incident management system and demonstrate the highest possible standards of customer support and produce maximum customer satisfaction
- Experience using Remedy ticketing system
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA) is preferred
- One of the following certifications is required: GSEC, Security+, SCNP, SSCP or better.
- U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidates selected must be able to successfully pass a client background investigation.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Additional VMware experience
Planned Systems International provides our customers with value-added management consulting and information technology services that consistently deliver success, and we are recognized as a world-class provider of innovative solutions that benefit mankind. From Systems Lifecycle Support and Healthcare IT Solutions to Network and Desktop Solutions and e-Business, PSI is focused on making our clients’ businesses run smoother and better. With a highly trained technical staff, we apply state-of-the-art information technologies, the industry's most advanced methodologies, and broad-based support services to clients in U.S. Government agencies and the commercial sector.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, including: Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Protected Veterans. NOTE TO JOB SERVICE: VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of Protected Veterans.