Army Tank-Automotive and Armament Command (TACOM) Emergency Service Dispatcher in Texarkana, Texas
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: Red River Army Depot (RRAD) is located in northeast Texas, 19 miles west of Texarkana and approximately 170 miles northeast of Dallas. RRAD is near the corners of 4 states - Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas. The depots enormous maintenance mission includes the repair, rebuild, overhaul and conversion of tactical wheeled vehicles. For more information on Read River Army Depot, go to the following web site: www.redriver.army.mil.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Responsible for the control of all emergency response patrols (fire, police, and ambulance) to include, but not limited to, the dispatching of, rendering assistance/guidance to, and the supplying of critical information to patrol units.
- Receive and transmit by way of radio; police, fire, medical, and other emergency calls. Relay messages and dispatching and assisting emergency services vehicles in response to both emergency and non-emergency calls for service.
- Operate a variety of radio transmitters and receivers; State and nationwide communications information systems; tape recorders; telephone systems, to include Enhanced 911 emergency and non-emergency networks; and commercial and DOD security alarm controls both with and without visual displays.
- Responsible for the operation and monitoring of the installation Intrusion Detection System and other alarm systems.
- Use the Texas Law Enforcement Telecommunication System (TLETS) to obtain the status of vehicle registrations, driver's licenses, criminal warrants, criminal history and driving records.
- Prepare police blotters and other associated police and emergency response reports and performs filing
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Secret Security Clearance Required.
- Mission Essential Position.
- Rotating Shifts (nights, weekends, holidays, and 12-hr shifts)
In order to qualify, you must meet the education/experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document. Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes work that involves: 1) Emergency response dispatching of fire, police, or ambulance; or 2) Using computer alarm systems or emergency phone systems (911 or direct lines to Emergency Services). This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-04). OR Education: Four years of education above the high school level obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university. OR Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of education beyond two years (total semester hours minus 60) by 60. Add the two percentages.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Communications and Media
- Emergency Communication
- Organizational Awareness
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 24 position. Conditions of Employment
- Required to obtain and maintain certification through the State of Texas on the Texas Law Enforcement Telecommunication System (TLETS) within six months of entry into this position.
- Position is mission essential and required to report for duty regardless of holidays, weekends, nights or conditions such as weather.
- Requires successful completion of a Secret Security Clearance.
- Rotating work schedule, which may require an uncommon tour of duty (including nights, weekends and holidays, 12-hour shifts during the tour of duty).
- Must obtain and maintain of certification in first-aid within six months of entry into this position.
- Required to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearance for access to Depot Production Computer System.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476727500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-11 to 2017-08-24
Salary: $32,844 to $42,702 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 5
Series: 2151 Dispatching
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: SWDX172241336406
Control number: 476727500