Aon Corporation H&B Field Benefit Counselor in Texas
Aon Is Looking For Seasonal Field Benefit Counselors
Aon is currently hiring for seasonal Benefit Counselors to help support our upcoming open enrollment season! This is an exciting opportunity as a chance to do your part in helping elevate the nation's benefit knowledge.
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Health & Benefits business group within Univers. As a Benefit Counselor you will report directly to the Enrollment Manager.
This is not a sales-based role and requires travel to client locations - most times out of state. We provide top industry pay without relying on commissions. You must be able to travel between Labor Day & Thanksgiving - we provide all hotels, travel accommodations, and per diem up front. This is like a paid vacation! We are interviewing now! Apply immediately for consideration.
Your Impact As A*Benefit Counselor*
- Elevate the benefit knowledge and enrollment experience of the nation’s workforce.
- Proficient in the benefit enrollment cases which have been assigned.
- Ability to communicate and enroll multiple cases.
- Explain and enroll employees in core benefits.
- Explain and enroll employees in voluntary benefits.
- Answer incoming calls and/or place scheduled outbound calls or return calls from messages left at the required staffed times.
- Polite and courteous to all customers and staff. Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Adhere to all work and break schedules.
- Required to work flexible schedules (day or evening), based upon workload and client requirements.
- Communicate information thoroughly and perform work completely and accurately.
- Enter information accurately into the enrollment program. Complete applications accurately with all required information. Mail correct information to the correct customer.
- Explain each benefit in detail. Must explain all voluntary benefits in detail and promote features and benefits.
- Ensure all benefits, coverage levels, dependents covered, and deductions are reviewed with and confirmed by the employee. Read voice authorization. Ensure survey is completed.
- Ensure all enrollment information is saved correctly, even if a partial enrollment was completed.
- The Enrollment Center electronic Call Entry Form must be completed in full for every call. All fields must be completed, including “Notes” to indicate in detail what occurred during the call. Each time a phone number is dialed or an inbound call received, this form must be completed.
- Maintains acceptable Enrollment Center monitoring score of 90% or better.
- Reduce after call or aux work functions by processing non-telephone work quickly and accurately.
- Log out of the enrollment program, telephone, and Windows at the end of each shift.
- Provide suggestions to improve efficiencies resulting in higher revenue and reduced expenses.
- Keep work areas neat, clean, and organized.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.**
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- 3 + years of experience in Customer Service and/or sales experience in person and over the phone.
- Must hold active Life and Health license in home state.
- Required to attend orientation training and specific case training.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal instruction and a high degree of accuracy.
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Maintain a cordial and effective relationship with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors and other business contacts. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Keep informed regarding industry information, new product information, legislation, coverages and technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Interact with others effectively by utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance, as needed, to achieve the business goals of the company.
- Previous Benefits, Human Resources, or Education experience strongly preferred
- Bi-lingual Spanish
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred. Responsibility and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* *We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background checkconsistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2423320
Location: United States, TX, Virtual