Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Public Relations Program Manager - 18725
This details all the information about the job posting. To submit your resume, click on the 'Submit your Resume to this Job' button.
Public Relations Program Manager
US-CA-San Francisco San Francisco, CA 94107, US
The Public Relations Program Manager will develop and execute strategic media and industry influencer outreach programs aimed at strengthening Rackspace’s position as the open cloud company and world leader in hybrid cloud services. Oversee efforts to promote the Rackspace Startup program and increase the company’s visibility within the developer community. Cultivate trusted relationships with Bay area journalists and bloggers. Work with business units and the public relations team to develop and distribute stories and information to news media.
· Develop, manage and deliver strategic communication programs that incorporate business strategy, product direction and market position.
· Collaborate closely with PR leadership team to develop and deliver program objectives including press office management, creative PR campaign development, proactive pitching, press release creation and distribution.
· Manage press office including the development of corporate and product press releases along with the creation of proactive story ideas.
· Manage PR efforts around the Rackspace Startup program, including developing proactive story ideas to highlight the use of Rackspace’s hybrid cloud services.
· Lead developer PR program aimed at generating coverage that promotes open cloud services and toolkits for software and application developers.
· Schedule and staff meetings and interviews for subject matter experts and the senior leadership team.
· Collaborate with key Rackspace stakeholders, business units, senior leadership and product marketing to develop comprehensive communications plans for product launches and key corporate initiatives.
· Monitor industry news to identify and develop proactive media pitches and opportunities.
· Manage work assignments for outside public relations agencies.
· Provide work assistance to less experienced public relations specialists, and to members of other teams and departments.
Key Performance Indicators for Team:
30-40 pieces of coverage per month and an increase of Share of Voice in the media
· 1-2 press releases per month
Two customer win stories per month
The ideal candidate will have the following:
· Strong work ethic, energetic, creative, collaborative, team player.
· Self-starter who works well under instruction and guidance.
· Ability to constantly learn more about the company and the complex, fast-changing industry in which it operates.
· Excellent skills in the areas of written and oral communication, interviewing of subject-matter experts, document research, relationship development, time management, decision making, content development, presentation, project management and organization.
· Strong copywriting and editing skills.
· Ability to communicate complex, technical information and ideas in ways that help the media and the company’s target audiences understand them.
· Works well across multiple teams within a large organization to successfully drive communications initiatives.
· Experience working in a team environment under tight deadlines with multiple, concurrent deliverables.
· Knowledge to make appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
· Desire to provide FANATICAL support to colleagues as well as to journalists and other external customers.
· Requires a Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, business or marketing and 8-10 years of professional experience in public relations with corporate and technology experience preferred.
Rackspace® Hosting(NYSE: RAX) is theopen cloudcompany, delivering open technologies and powering more than 205,000 customers worldwide. Rackspace provides its renownedFanatical Support® across a broad portfolio of IT products, includingPublic Cloud,Private Cloud,Hybrid HostingandDedicated Hosting.The company offers choice, flexibility and freedom from vendor lock in. Rackspace has been recognized by Bloomberg BusinessWeek as a Top 100 Performing Technology Company, is featured on Fortune’s list of 100 Best Companies to Work For and is included on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index. Rackspace is headquartered in San Antonio with offices and data centers around the world. For more information, visit www.rackspace.com.
Rackspace Hosting is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employee assigned to this job.
Type of Job(*US Only)