PDS Tech Inc GIS/CAD Technician in Austin, Texas
PDS Tech, Inc is seeking a candidate for the GIS/CAD Technician position located in Austin, TX.
Full-time temporary maximum one year contract position working in teams on spatial data projects supporting engineers and data teams.
Responsible for content analysis, validation, cleansing, collection and reporting. Analyze and validate data content and assemble new content from various sources, including databases, files/spreadsheets, and websites. Follow written instructions and data specifications. Respond to data inquiries from managers.
Create and publish regularly scheduled and/or ad hoc reports as needed.
• One to two years experience using GIS software for spatial analysis
• Background and related coursework in Urban Planning, Architecture, Geography or GIS
• Database experience with SQL, scripting experience with Python
• Internet research skills and experience
BS/BA or MS/MA in Geography, GIS, Architecture, Urban Planning, Interior Design or Engineering.
• Experience with CAD/BIM applications with an emphasis on AutoCAD
• Good report writing and communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.