SMG Box Office Ticket Seller in Cedar Park, Texas
The Ticket Seller is responsible for selling tickets to the general public from the arena Box Office using Ticketmaster ticketing system, while providing general information to guests. This position requires working events, which occur mostly in the evening, nights and weekends.
- Assist guests at the Box Office Will-Call window and resolve all issues/problems
- Create an exceptional experience for all guests through a safe, clean, and friendly environment
- Familiarize self with the different venue layouts
- Answer questions regarding events, tickets, & schedules
- Balance monies at end of shift with supervisor
- Assist with the restocking of Box Office supplies
- Follow all operational policies and procedures for Box Office operations and Event Center
- Other duties as deemed necessary or as directed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The employee should also have the following qualifications:
Experience / Education:
- High school diploma or a general education degree
- 2 years computerized Box Office experience is preferred.
- Prefer experience working with Ticketmaster ticketing or other ticketing system; as well as office equipment: copier, computer/keyboard, telephone, fax, and ticket printers
Skills and Abilities:
- Experienced cash handling and strong math aptitude required
- Advanced knowledge of computerized ticket sales, preferably the Ticketmaster system but not required
- Candidates must be computer literate and able to maintain a guest friendly, quality service attitude at all times
- Strong customer service experience, with the aptitude to resolve conflicts
- Ability to take and follow instructions
- Ability to be security conscious
- Ability to meet high standard of cleanliness and appearance
- Ability to work well with other staff members
- Proven ability to attend to details
- Bilingual a plus
- Proven job reliability, diligence, and dedication
- Employee must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Position requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear, use hands to reach and handle tickets, money and receipts
- Position also requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, during events, the noise level may be loud
- Position is exposed to fumes or airborne particles
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The company reserves the right to change or modify all job descriptions as needed. This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
To Apply Click or Copy Link http://bit.ly/2yhvGpS
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled