SMG Event Security Officer Part-Time - $9/Hour in Cedar Park, Texas
The Event Security Officer is responsible for the safety and security of all guests and employees at the H-E-B Center at Cedar Park while providing a safe and enjoyable event for all guests and fellow team members. This position requires working evening, weekend, and holidays as required. Hours for this position are event driven and not guaranteed, and employment is contingent upon a compliant criminal background check.
- Enforces and upholds integrity of the facility and event, including retail merchandise shops and all alcohol beverage locations;
- Monitors entry and exit points to specific areas of the H-E-B Center, including screening of guests bags prior to entering the center.
- Provides security escorts per events requirements
- Performs routine search procedures utilizing bag searches prior to guests entering the center.
- Ensures that no prohibited items or behavior are tolerated at the H-E-B Center
- Greets and directs guests to seating and services
- Maintains open and smooth access routes throughout seating and concourse areas
- Attends and participates in pre-event briefings
- Receives and acts on complaints from patrons according to established policies and procedures
- Enforces policies and procedures throughout the facility
- Follows all rules and regulations as outlined in the policies and procedures manual
- Aids in direction of orderly evacuation of the building during emergencies.
- Monitors and maintains door access
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The employee should also have the following qualifications:
Experience / Education:
- High School diploma or GED
- Texas Non Commissioned Guard Card must be obtained 14 days from date of hire (All applicants are required to submit to fingerprinting, must pass the Private Security Level 2 testing)
- A minimum of 1 year security experience is preferred but not required
Skills and Abilities:
- Customer Service driven with a fun, friendly attitude and professional appearance at all times
- Ability to listen to and read in English, understand and interpret documents, signs, rules, policies, instructions and other pertinent information.
- Ability to speak effectively to customers and other employees
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, cross-train and learn new skills quickly
- Employees must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Employees must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Position requires the ability to use hands and fingers, walk, talk, hear and stand.
- Position requires the ability to ride a bicycle and/or walk and stand for extended periods (6 to 8 hours) of time.
- Position requires the ability to lift 25 pounds.
- The noise level during events may be very loud
- The environment is energetic and fast-paced
- The areas can become crowded with many people
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. Security license number B16091
The company reserves the right to change or modify all job descriptions as needed. This description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans to apply. VEVRRA Federal Contractor.
To Apply Directly Copy or Click https://bit.ly/2h1ilM7
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled