KPMG Sr. Internal Accountant in Dallas, Texas
Sr. Internal Accountant
Requisition #: 32871
Practice Area: Business Support Services
Location: Dallas, TX
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Sr. Internal Accountant to join our Accounting Services organization.
• Acts as a point of contact between KPMG’s Dallas Accounting Service Center and the Federal Services practice for the purpose of booking journal entries in SYNC (SAP), maintaining due to and due from accounts, reporting and audits
• Work with DASC’s offshore Quality Review team to ensure their preparation of monthly quality review metrics and offshore process analysis
• Assist in the preparation of monthly DASC operational reporting. Report and analyze departmental process requests. Work with stakeholders to determine key operational metrics
• Assist with the monthly updating of the firm’s cash basis fixed asset system, generating depreciation and booking results to the cash ledger
• Make recommendation and assist in business process improvement, documentation and automation
• Update the Accounts Payable vendor invoice approval matrix
• Minimum of five to seven years of accounting or finance experience; preferably within a professional services firm or similar environment
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; or equivalent work experience
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Access along with basic technical skills in general ledger accounting; knowledge of partnership accounting a plus
• Ability to be a team player and work independently on core responsibilities and additional projects
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate financial matters to clients
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex/gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, pregnancy, veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, personal appearance, family responsibility, matriculation or political affiliation, or other legally protected status. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG offers a range of medical insurance options to meet your needs as well as prescription drug coverage, health care flexible spending accounts, and dependent day care flexible spending accounts.
Personal Time Off (PTO)
Up to 30 PTO Days per year (depending on job classification/level/years of service).
401(k) and Pension Plans
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Health Care Flexible Spending Account
Mortgage Assistance Program
Hyatt Legal Plan
Benefits vary by employment status.