SMG Security Guard in El Paso, Texas
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Part-time Security Guard at the El Paso Convention and Performing Arts Center, Destination El Paso, El Paso Live. This position is responsible for patrolling assigned territory, securing doors, ensuring the safety of all guests, employees, and contracted labor while on premises, and securing property during move in/out of events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Patrol premises to ensure safety of patrons, staff, vendors, participants and others on premises.
- Handle any disturbances or problems that arise during events or at the facility, if necessary, escort disruptive individuals to security office and/or off premises.
- Prepare incident reports.
- Inspect premises for signs of intrusion or tampering
- Prepare late parking and car storage reports
- Assist with crowd control inside and outside
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances
- Assist departments, such as box office, when handling large sums of money
- Relieve event guards for breaks with the authorization from the Event Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, patrons, employees, exhibitors and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Considerable knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Remain flexible and demonstrate skills in customer relations, communications, problem solving and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Convey strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Must be 18 years or older.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 3-5 years security/law enforcement experience required
- Current knowledge and training in first aid, i.e. CPR needed
- Security certification
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; ability to write legibly; ability to tactfully handle irate citizens; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public.
Position requires physical ability to move around facility grounds and buildings may require operation of motor vehicle, may be exposed to physical confrontations, indoors and outdoors working conditions.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact-915-534-0628.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled