SMG Scheduling Clerk in Houston, Texas
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Scheduling Clerk at NRG Park in Houston, Texas. NRG Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. NRG Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), NRG Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), NRG Astrodome ("The" Astrodome), and NRG Arena. We are seeking a unique Scheduling Clerk to join our team. The Scheduling Clerk will answer the Parking Scheduling phone line, interact with staff, and assign work assignments based on event projections. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients' requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following:
- Schedule event staffing levels from projections produced by Parking Coordinators.
- Review staffing projections and event overview documents to ensure consistency.
- Assist in the scheduling of Employee Check-in/Wardrobe.
- Track attendance and overtime, arrange staff replacements as needed.
- Assist in the scheduling and coordination of training programs.
- Assist in the scheduling of the NPO (Non-Profit Organization) program as needed.
- Assist employees with confirming and producing schedules utilizing ABI.
- Communicate with Coordinators and Department Managers any scheduling discrepancies.
- Must comply with all SMG policies and procedures including the Business Conduct Policy and Code of Ethics.
- Assist Human Resources with hiring events as needed.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Not applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively.
- Must be customer friendly, self-motivated, and work in a fast paced environment.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Candidates with personnel staffing experience are preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Exercise judgment and prioritizing in making independent decisions within scope of responsibilities.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using Outlook, MS Windows, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work extended and/or irregular hours that may vary due to functions, including day, evening, weekends and holidays as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter and salary requirements as part of your application.
Human Resources Manager
One NRG Park
Houston, Texas 77054
How To Apply:
Only the first 150 resumes received will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (832) 667-1806.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled