Arup Senior Structural Engineer in Houston, Texas
At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 14,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Our Houston office is seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to support our buildings projects. You will work as an integrated member of multi-disciplinary teams on a wide variety of project types. Our projects cover a wide range of project types, scales, from mixed-use developments, high rise towers, sculpture and health care.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Leadership of structural engineering teams involved with the engineering design and optimization of complex building structures
• Prepare and review drawings detailing the systems designed
• Prepare and review drawings and detailing of the systems designed
• Supervise the preparation of submittals
• Report writing
• Coordination of work with engineers of other disciplines
• Project and team administration duties
• Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them
• Business development capabilities
• Commercial Financial Awareness
• Client communication and participation in work to win new clients and projects
• Masters Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering with a sound knowledge of civil engineering fundamentals
• PE and SE licensed
• Skills in seismic engineering especially in non-linear analysis, performance base design. Hands on detailing required
• Good communication & people skills, team player
• Ability to be a leading member of the structural group
• Have project and staff management experience
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 10% 401K match, time off and profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Title: Senior Structural Engineer
Requisition ID: HOU00002V