Calpine Sourcing & Contract Management Specialist II in Houston, Texas
Sourcing & Contract Management Specialist II
Subject to DOT Regulations
Percent of Travel Required
Will work collaboratively within the Sourcing & Contract Management team and across Supply Chain Services meeting with customers routinely and proactively to identify sourcing and contract value opportunities. Participates in product/service standardization
process, involving plant managers to determine their needs. Collaborates with suppliers to assess emerging opportunities, evaluates all contract relationships including identifying savings realized and new potential opportunities and prepare contract files
according to internal policies and procedures.
Responsible for the review and ongoing administration of a variety of supply chain and procurement related contracts in support of internal corporate and power plant customers, including, but not limited to, Continuing Services Agreements, Master Parts and
Services Agreements, Consulting Contracts, Professional Services Agreements, Software License Agreements, Purchase Order Terms & Conditions, and Equipment Rental Agreements. Works collaboratively with Legal and Corporate Insurance Departments and is responsible
for negotiating standard contract templates with vendors by reviewing and managing language changes proposed by vendors through the required approval processes. Must possess ability to critically analyze and understand a multitude of contract terms and conditions,
including warranty, indemnity, limitation of liability, insurance, and confidentiality.
Other responsibilities include managing contract files and electronic databases, drafting and administering contract amendments, tracking critical deadlines and dates, ensuring insurance and safety compliance in support of contract administration, and preparing
contracts and related files in accordance with all internal policies and procedures. Respond to internal and external audit requests. Participate in acquisition and divestiture activities as needed.
• In-depth or broad, extensive knowledge.
• Highly skilled professional with wide-ranging, advanced technical experience to resolve complex issues.
• Competent to work at very high level in multiple knowledge areas or functions as an advanced contributor.
• Makes decisions on complex issues regarding own work, often in ambiguous situations; makes recommendations regarding own function/discipline.
• May make recommendations on new processes, tools, services and techniques within the function.
• Works on complex issues and projects.
• Uses independent judgment requiring in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Independently selects methods, techniques, analytical approach and evaluation criteria.
• Determines methods and procedures for new assignments.
• Requires little instruction on day-to-day work.
• Serves as project/technical lead on medium to large projects; regularly coordinates with professionals, technicians and others outside of own
• Trains and mentors employees on technical skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required. Minimum of 5-10 years of progressive experience in contract management and/or administration.
• Previous knowledge of various supply chain/procurement contracts required.
• Experience with Industrial and Services Contracts preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use
our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP