Microsoft Corporation Sr Support Eng in Las Colinas, Texas
The Cloud + Enterprise (C+E) Support Planning team is seeking a proactive and self-driven Senior Support Planner to define, lead and implement large C+E service/product launches and improvement programs to the end-end support experience that will result in faster time to resolution and increased customer satisfaction. Your work will directly impact the support experience for C+E customers worldwide.
This position is responsible for leading and landing large, complex service/product launches for C+E and for identifying and prioritizing improvement opportunities and support experience changes. This includes securing stakeholder approvals and commitments, defining implementation plans, and executing with support delivery, engineering, and marketing teams. The scope is inclusive of people, process, and tools, and ways to improve the experience across the support lifecycle and drive increased satisfaction and profitability. This position owns defining success targets for launches and programs and managing the ROB and action plans with stakeholders.
We are looking for a strong senior support planner with support expertise, business process and technical acumen who can work effectively across global support delivery, engineering, serviceability, program management, marketing, and tools teams to land new launches and improvements to support processes and capabilities that result in a better C+E support experience. The successful candidate will have strong collaboration skills and a proven ability to build and lead cross-functional virtual teams and develop deep partnerships with stakeholders.
The ability to analyze and define complex data sets and BI, and use that to drive priorities and plan definition, is required. The ability to quickly ramp up on new technologies and understand / assess the impact to the customer and support experience is also required.
· Own defining, leading and implementing the Assisted Support Strategy and Assisted Support Experience working in partnership with C+E Engineering teams and CSS Delivery.
· Own support experience planning for large initiatives across the C+E business across all customer types and audiences.
· Drive cross team collaborative planning for programs and launches across the C+E stakeholder ecosystem.
· Lead virtual team of global representatives for the C+E support experience initiatives and launch activities. Partner deeply with global support functions and delivery teams to land change.
· Drive decisions and execute both individually and by leveraging the capabilities of managers, peers and/or partners.
· Lead executive deep dives on program and launch status, risks, mitigation plans and results. Frequently present to executive audiences.
· Create and publish regular status comms and flash reports to stakeholder audience.
· Monitor and manage KPI performance to targets, identify and drive improvements to the C+E support experience.
· Work with stakeholder teams to track, prioritize, and drive resolutions to issues including those that are new/emerging.
· The ideal candidate has a strong background in support planning and/or program and project management, excellent executive presence and communication skills, plus experience working with customers in a support operations and/or services role. Candidate should be a strong leader with experience managing large cross-group programs as well as directing large, virtual teams; must be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, being flexible in the face of change, and working independently. The candidate must be a self-starter, self-directed, individual who works well in a remote setting, demonstrates facilitation skills and has experience working with international teams. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success as a leader with outstanding collaboration skills across various departments to achieve mutual success.
· 5+ years' experience in a support or services related role in software development, product/technical/customer support or IT Admin/support OR consulting or Systems Development, or IT/ Network Operations.
· Proven executive communication skills and ability to effectively influence at the executive level
· Demonstrated ability to lead large, global and diverse virtual teams to deliver results
· Demonstrated collaboration and negotiation skills that result in positive outcomes for multiple stakeholders
· Cloud, Enterprise, Azure or other Microsoft Online Services experience preferred.
· Ability to identify opportunities / gaps in the customer experience and partner with teams to develop improved processes, tools, and technology solutions.
· Strong understanding of Microsoft Product Groups desirable.
· Strong understanding of the product development life cycle desired.
· Experience with cloud services on Linux, OSS, Container platforms a big plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer service & support