C&J Energy QHSE Coordinator in Midland, Texas
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Review, evaluates, and analyzes work environments and design programs and procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury caused by chemical, physical, and biological agents or ergonomic factors. May conduct inspections and enforce adherence to laws and regulations governing the health and safety of individuals or protection of the environment.
- Order suspension of activities that pose threats to workers' health and safety or environmental impact.
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Investigate incidents to identify causes and to determine how such incidents might be prevented in the future.
- Investigate the adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, and other conditions that could affect employee health, comfort, or performance.
- Implement and maintain hygiene programs such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring, ventilation surveys, and asbestos management plans.
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with HSE standards and government regulations.
- Collaborate with engineers and physicians to institute control and remedial measures for hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions or equipment.
- Conduct HSE training and education programs, and demonstrate the use of safety equipment.
- Provide new-employee health and safety orientations, and develop materials for these presentations.
- Collect samples of dust, gases, vapors, and other potentially toxic materials for analysis.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Required Primary Language: English -- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Secondary Language an additional skill asset: Spanish - Knowledge of the structure and content of the Spanish language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar is an additional asset
- Public Safety and Security -- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Law and Government - Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Education and Training -- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Customer and Personal Service -- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management -- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking -- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Social Perceptiveness -- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Writing -- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Operation Monitoring -- Watching gauges, dials, or other indicator to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Quality Control Analysis -- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Reading Comprehension -- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Oral Comprehension -- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Speech Recognition -- The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Oral Expression -- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity -- The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Written Comprehension -- The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Deductive Reasoning -- The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Written Expression -- The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent Required
- Associate Degree or College Degree preferred
- 3-5 years construction, industrial or oilfield HSE related experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in an advisory capacity.
**No more than 2 accident(s) violations in the last three (3) years. No more than 3 moving violations (speeding, etc) in the last three (3) years. No more than one (1) accident and no more than two (2) moving violations in the last three (3) years. No DWI/DUI in the last five (3) years.
WHY WORK FOR C & J Energy Services?
C & J Energy offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, vision and dental coverage, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off.
Drug Free and Equal Opportunity Employer!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled