Valero Associate Accounting Coordinator in SAN ANTONIO, Texas
Under immediate supervision, analyzes, accounts for, and reports on lease purchased crude volumes. Processes mineral interest payments and coordinates with internal departments and external vendors to ensure proper recording/classification of transactions and resolves issues related to open item agings of general ledger accounts.
- Accounts for lease purchased crude volumes reported via manual ticket or electronic mediums.
- Performs analysis and/or duties as they pertain to the maintenance or reporting of SAP/PRA leases and contracts.
- Coordinates, responds to, and resolves accounting matters with other departments and external vendors.
- Reconciles assigned lease crude accrual accounts.
- Analyzes, researches and executes the 1099, 1042S and Escheat Process.
- Researches and executes changes for all state and federal reporting requirements.
- Assists with severance tax payments and reporting as required.
- Assists with lease purchased crude ad hoc reporting, research, and special projects.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Accounting preferred.
- 1 year of Accounting experience preferred.
- Basic skill using Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word and Excel to include spreadsheets and pivot tables) preferred.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.45 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
About Valero Headquarters
After acquiring Ultramar Diamond Shamrock in 2001, Valero began planning the construction of its state-of-the-art corporate headquarters at the edge of the Texas Hill Country in San Antonio, at Interstate 10 West and Loop 1604. It was completed in 2004. Today, the 200-acre Valero campus includes a main building; two connected newer office buildings; a four-story, separate building; and two large parking facilities. The headquarters also features a beautiful cafeteria, state-of-the-art training facilities, a fitness center, a daycare facility and jogging trails.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Job Posting: Mar 13, 2018, 10:55:59 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 1800147