Microsoft Corporation Datacenter Inventory & Asset Lead in San Antonio, Texas
Microsoft’s Cloud Infrastructure and Operations (MCIO) is the engine that powers our cloud services. We deliver the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform. Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our portfolio is built and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
We are responsible for designing, building and operating our unified global datacenters; managing the demand planning and capacity utilization of our unified infrastructure; and responsible for all of the operations needed to run the physical infrastructure (including supply chain, hardware, power, security, and workflow teams). We focus on smart growth with an emphasis on automation, data driven engineering, cost-effectiveness and environmental sustainability. At the forefront of the action in MCIO is our Datacenter Operations Group.
As the successful Datacenter Inventory & Asset Technician Lead, your performance objectives will consist of:
• Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of datacenter activities
• Establish and enhance strong working relationships with customers
• Ensure to align operation and programs to Microsoft’s big picture and goals
• Plan, manage and communicate end-to-end project plans with stakeholders and teams
• Identify risks and opportunities and communicate with stakeholders and teams
• Encourage team to share lessons learned, best practices, and innovations on process/procedures and tools to improve efficiencies and productivity
• Responsible for people management including performance reviews, career coaching, and career growth discussions
• Lead a team of data center I&A technicians responsible for material movement, shipping & receiving, inventory management, stocking, and cycle count
• Performing shift-based tactical management tasks such as prioritizing ticketing queues, working to resolve escalations, and clearing blocking issues to enable continued delivery of I&A activities
• Manage resource scheduling to ensure meeting SLAs and project deliveries
• Proactively identify and respond to high-priority events effectively
• Primary point of contact for logistic related customer escalations during shift
• Provide hands-on support to I&A team as needed during high volume work activity
Required Skills and Experience:
• 3+ years of warehouse/supply chain/logistics experience including the use of hand trucks and other powered and non-powered lifting devices
• Ability to support frequent standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, reaching, lifting up to 50lbs, and working at heights
• Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Valid license to drive standard street-legal automatic transmission vehicles within your DC’s local jurisdiction
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Technical College degree or certification in ASICS/Inventory Control, Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, or equivalent work experience
• Prior experience leading and motivating a diverse, technical workforce of up to eight employees
• Basic working knowledge of physical IT infrastructure (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
• Ability to work non-standard business hours that may include weekends and/or holidays
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com. Business programs & operations